Last Revised: March 7, 2017
IF YOU PURCHASE A SUBSCRIPTION PLAN FOR A SERVICE OFFERING FOR A TERM (THE “INITIAL SUBSCRIPITON PERIOD”), THEN THE SUBSCRIPTION PLAN WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED FOR ADDITIONAL PERIODS OF THE SAME DURATION AS THE INITIAL SUBSCRIPTION PLAN (EACH, A “RENEWAL SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD”)AT COMPANY’S THEN-CURRENT FEE FOR SUCH SERVICE OFFERING UNLESS YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION VIA THE APPLICATION OR WEB INTERFACE IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 12.2 BELOW.
ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICES, THE SERVICE OFFERINGS AND THE SOFTWARE WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, CONSISTENT WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY PRINCIPLES THAT PROVIDE FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION. THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED FROM THIS AGREEMENT.
date at the top of the Agreement. If we make any material changes, and you have registered with us to create an Account (as defined in Section 3.1 below) we will also send an e-mail to you at the last e-mail address you provided to us pursuant to the Agreement. Any changes to the Agreement will be effective immediately for new users of the Company Properties (each, a “User”) and will be effective thirty (30) days after posting notice of such changes on the Website for existing Users, provided that any material changes shall be effective for Users who have an Account with us upon the earlier of thirty (30) days after posting notice of such changes on the Website or thirty (30) days after dispatch of an e-mail notice of such changes to Registered Users (defined in Section 3.1 below). Company may require you to provide consent to the updated Agreement in a specified manner before further use of the Company Properties is permitted. If you do not agree to any change(s) after receiving a notice of such change(s), you shall stop using the Company Properties. Otherwise, your continued use of the Company Properties constitutes your acceptance of such change(s). PLEASE REGULARLY CHECK THE WEBSITE TO VIEW THE THEN-CURRENT AGREEMENT.
- Use of the Company Properties. The Software, the Website, the Services, the Service Offerings, and the information and content available on the Website and in the Services (as these terms are defined herein) (collectively, the “Company Properties”) are protected by copyright laws throughout the world. Subject to the Agreement, Company grants you a limited license to reproduce portions of Company Properties for the sole purpose of using the Services and the Service Offerings for your personal or internal business purposes. Unless otherwise specified by Company in a separate license, your right to use any Company Properties is subject to the Agreement.
- Company Software. Use of any software and associated documentation, other than the Company’s mobile application (the “Mobile Application”), that is made available via the Website or the Services (“Software”) is governed by the terms of the license agreement that accompanies or is included with the Software, or by the license agreement expressly stated on the Website page(s) accompanying the Software. These license terms may be posted with the Software downloads or at the Website page where the Software can be accessed. You shall not use, download or install any Software that is accompanied by or includes a license agreement unless you agree to the terms of such license agreement. At no time will Company provide you with any tangible copy of our Software. Company shall deliver access to the Software via electronic transfer or download and shall not use or deliver any tangible media in connection with the (a) delivery, installation, updating or problem resolution of any Software (including any new releases); or (b) delivery, correction or updating of documentation. For the purposes of this section tangible media shall include, but not be limited to, any tape disk, compact disk, card, flash drive, or any other comparable physical medium. Unless the accompanying license agreement expressly allows otherwise, any copying or redistribution of the Software is prohibited, including any copying or redistribution of the Software to any other server or location, or redistribution or use on a service bureau basis. If there is any conflict between this Agreement and the license agreement, the license agreement shall take precedence in relation to that Software (except as provided in the following sentence). If the Software is a pre-release version, then, notwithstanding anything to the contrary included within an accompanying license agreement, you are not permitted to use or otherwise rely on the Software for any commercial or production purposes. If no license agreement accompanies use of the Software, use of the Software will be governed by this Agreement. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, Company grants you a non-assignable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable non-exclusive license to use the Software for the sole purpose of enabling you to use the Services in the manner permitted by the Agreement. Some Software may be offered under an open source license that we will make available to you. There may be provisions in the open source license that expressly override some of these terms.
- Updates. You understand that Company Properties are evolving. As a result, Company may require you to accept updates to Company Properties that you have installed on your computer or mobile device. You acknowledge and agree that Company may update Company Properties with or without notifying you. You may need to update third-party software from time to time in order to use Company Properties.
- Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit Company Properties or any portion of Company Properties, including the Website; (b) you shall not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other Company Properties (including images, text, page layout or form) of Company; (c) you shall not use any metatags or other “hidden text”
using Company’s name or trademarks; (d) you shall not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of Company Properties except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (e) you shall not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape”
or download data from any web pages contained in the Website (except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (f) you shall not access Company Properties in order to build a similar or competitive website, application or service; (g) except as expressly stated herein, no part of Company Properties may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; and (h) you shall not remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in Company Properties. Any future release, update or other addition to Company Properties shall be subject to this Agreement. Company, its suppliers and service providers reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement. Any unauthorized use of Company Properties terminates the licenses granted by Company pursuant to this Agreement.
- Third-Party Materials. As a part of Company Properties, you may have access to materials that are hosted by another party. You agree that it is impossible for Company to monitor such materials and that you access these materials at your own risk.
- Services Offerings. We provide paid subscription-based plans for users of the Software and associated Services (each, a “Subscription Plan”). This Agreement sets forth the terms pursuant to which individuals (“Individual Subscribers”) and enterprises (“Enterprise Subscribers”) (each a “Subscriber”) may access and use the Company’s Screenmeet and Screenmeet for Support Software and associated Services, or any other service offering that we may provide in the future (each, a “Service Offering”). Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Company will provide the Service Offerings that you subscribe to in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- Registering Your Account. In order to access certain features of Company Properties or to purchase a Subscription Plan for a Service Offering you will be required to become a Registered User. For purposes of the Agreement, a “Registered User” is a User who has registered an account on the Website (“Account”).
- Registration Data. In registering an Account on the Website, you agree to (1) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You represent that you are (1) at least thirteen (13) years old; (2) of legal age to form a binding contract; and (3) not a person barred from using Company Properties under the laws of the United States, your place of residence or any other applicable jurisdiction. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree that you shall monitor your Account to restrict use by minors, and you will accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of Company Properties by minors. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to (1) notify Company immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security; and (2) exit from your Account at the end of each session. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Company has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of Company Properties (or any portion thereof). You agree not to create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself. Company reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, claims by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights. You agree not to create an Account or use Company Properties if you have been previously removed by Company, or if you have been previously banned from any of Company Properties.
- Access by Authorized Users. If you are Subscriber, you may purchase a Subscription Plan for a single user of a Service Offering a (“Single User Plan”) or for a specified number of users of the Service Offering (a “ Multiple User Plan”). If you have purchased a Multiple User Plan, you have the option to provide us with the email addresses of individuals for whom you have purchased a license to use the Software (each, an “Authorized User”), and Company will send an invitation to each Authorized User that includes a link to the applicable Software, which the Authorized User may download or otherwise access as instructed by Company. If you purchase a subscription to the Screenmeet Support Services Offering, you acknowledge and agree that your customers will be required to download the Screenmeet for Support web application, either via a standalone website or via an app store (the “Customer Support Module”). If you are invited by a Subscriber to become an Authorized User, you agree that your access to the Company Properties and the applicable Service Offering will be governed by the terms of this Agreement, except that you agree that your use of the Service Offering and any associated Software will terminate upon termination or expiration of the Multiple User Plan for which you were designated as an Authorized User.
- Necessary Equipment and Software. You must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to Company Properties, including but not limited to, a mobile device that is suitable to connect with and use Company Properties, in cases where the Services offer a mobile component.
- Company Properties. You agree that Company and its suppliers own all rights, title and interest in Company Properties (including but not limited to, any computer code, themes, objects, artwork, sounds, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation, and server software). You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Company Properties.
- Trademarks. “Screenmeet”
and other related graphics, logos, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with Company Properties or in connection with the Services are the trademarks of Company and may not be used without permission in connection with any third-party products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in Company Properties are the property of their respective owners.
- Feedback. You agree that submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to Company through its suggestion, feedback, wiki, forum or similar pages (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that Company has no obligations (including without limitation obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to Company a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback, and to sublicense the foregoing rights, in connection with the operation and maintenance of Company Properties.
- User Conduct. As a condition of your use of the Company Properties, you agree not to use Company Properties for any purpose that is prohibited by this Agreement or by applicable law. You shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action that: (i) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any person or entity; (ii) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane; (iii) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail; (iv) involves commercial activities and/or sales without Company’s prior written consent, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; (v) impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Company; (vi) interferes with or attempts to interfere with the proper functioning of Company Properties or uses Company Properties in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement; or (vii) attempts to engage in or engages in, any potentially harmful acts that are directed against Company Properties, including but not limited to violating or attempting to violate any security features of Company Properties, using manual or automated software or other means to access, “scrape,” “crawl”
or “spider” any pages contained in Company Properties, introducing viruses, worms, or similar harmful code into Company Properties, or interfering or attempting to interfere with use of Company Properties by any other user, host or network, including by means of overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,”
or “crashing” Company Properties.
- Investigations. Although Company does not generally monitor user activity occurring in connection with Company Properties, if Company becomes aware of any possible violations by you of any provision of this Agreement, Company reserves the right to investigate such violations, and Company may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate your license to use Company Properties, without prior notice.
- Interactions with Other Users. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users and any other parties with whom you interact; provided, however, that Company reserves the right, but has no obligation, to intercede in such disputes. You agree that Company will not be responsible for any liability incurred as the result of such interactions.
- Third-Party Services.
- Third-Party Websites, Applications & Ads. Company Properties may contain links to third-party websites (“Third-Party Websites”) and applications (“Third-Party Applications”). When you click on a link to a Third-Party Website or Third-Party Application, we will not warn you that you have left Company Properties and are subject to the terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of another website or destination. Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Applications are not under the control of Company. Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Websites or Third-Party Applications. Company provides these Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Applications only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications, or their products or services. You use all links in Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Applications at your own risk. When you leave our Website, our Agreement and policies no longer govern. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third-Party Websites or Third-Party Applications, and should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party.
- Fees and Purchase Terms.
- General Purpose of Terms: Sale of Service, not Software. The Subscription Plans require payment of fees. All fees paid by you for Subscription Plan(s) shall be considered solely to enable your access to the applicable Service Offerings provided in such Subscription Plan(s). In no way are these fees paid considered payment for the sale, license, or use of Company’s Software, and, furthermore, any use of Company’s Software by you in furtherance of this Agreement will be considered merely in support of the purpose of this Agreement.
- Service Subscription Fees. You will be responsible for payment of the applicable fee for any Subscription Plan for a Service Offering (each, a “Service Subscription Fee”) at the time you select your Subscription Plan for that Service Offering (each, a “Service Commencement Date”). Except as set forth in this Agreement, all fees for the Subscription Plans are non-refundable. No contract will exist between you and Company for a Subscription Plan until Company accepts your order by a confirmatory e-mail, SMS/MMS message, or other appropriate means of communication. You must provide Company with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or any other issuer accepted by us) or PayPal account (“Payment Provider”), or purchase order information as a condition to signing up for a Subscription Plan for a Service Offering. Your Payment Provider agreement governs your use of the designated credit card or PayPal account, and you must refer to that agreement and not this Agreement to determine your rights and liabilities. By providing Company with your credit card number or PayPal account and associated payment information, you agree that Company is authorized to immediately invoice your Account for all fees and charges due and payable to Company hereunder and that no additional notice or consent is required. You agree to immediately notify Company of any change in your billing address or the credit card or PayPal account used for payment hereunder. Company reserves the right at any time to change its prices and billing methods, either immediately upon posting on Company Properties or by e-mail delivery to you.
- Taxes. Company’s fees are net of any applicable Sales Tax. If the Subscription Plan for any Service Offering, or payments for any Service Offering, under this Agreement are subject to Sales Tax in any jurisdiction and you have not remitted the applicable Sales Tax to Company, you will be responsible for the payment of such Sales Tax and any related penalties or interest to the relevant tax authority, and you will indemnify Company for any liability or expense we may incur in connection with such Sales Taxes. Upon our request, you will provide us with official receipts issued by the appropriate taxing authority, or other such evidence that you have paid all applicable taxes. For purposes of this section, “Sales Tax” shall mean any sales or use tax, and any other tax measured by sales proceeds, that Company is permitted to pass to its customers, that is the functional equivalent of a sales tax where the applicable taxing jurisdiction does not otherwise impose a sales or use tax.
- Withholding Taxes. You agree to make all payments of fees to Company free and clear of, and without reduction for, any withholding taxes. Any such taxes imposed on payments of fees to Company will be your sole responsibility, and you will provide Company with official receipts issued by the appropriate taxing authority, or such other evidence as we may reasonably request, to establish that such taxes have been paid.
- Free Trials and Other Promotions. Any free trial or other promotion that provides access to a Service Offering must be used within the specified time of the trial. At the end of the trial period, your use of that Service Offering will expire and any further use of the Service Offering is prohibited unless you pay the applicable subscription fee for a Subscription Plan for the Service Offering. If you are inadvertently charged for a subscription, please contact Company to have the charges reversed.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Conditions.
- As Is. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND COMPANY PROPERTIES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”
AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. COMPANY, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS (“COMPANY PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARISING FROM USE OF THE COMPANY PROPERTIES. COMPANY PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT: (1) COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) YOUR USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; OR (3) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
- Limitation of Liability.
- Disclaimer of Certain Damages. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR DATA, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH COMPANY PROPERTIES, OR DAMAGES OR COSTS DUE TO LOSS OF PRODUCTION OR USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE COMPANY PROPERTIES ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY OF A COMPANY PARTY FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE; OR FOR (B) ANY INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
- Cap on Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE GREATER OF (A) THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID TO COMPANY BY YOU DURING THE TWELVE-MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE ACT, OMISSION OR OCCURRENCE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY AND (B) THE REMEDY OR PENALTY IMPOSED BY THE STATUTE UNDER WHICH SUCH CLAIM ARISES. THE FOREGOING CAP ON LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY OF A COMPANY PARTY FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE; OR FOR (B) ANY INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
- Basis of the Bargain. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN COMPANY AND YOU.
- Term and Termination.
- Term. The term of this Agreement commences on the date you accept it (as described in the preamble above) and remains in full force and effect while you use Company Properties, unless terminated earlier in accordance with this Agreement. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying the other party. Company may also terminate or suspend any and all Services and access to any associated Software, including any Subscription Plan for a Service Offering, immediately at its sole discretion and without prior notice or liability, if you breach any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Upon termination of any Subscription Plan, your right to use the Service Offerings included within that Subscription Plan, and any associated Software, will immediately cease.
- Automatic Renewal of Subscription Plans. Your subscription for any Service Offering will continue indefinitely until terminated in accordance with this Agreement. After your Initial Subscription Period for a Service Offering, and again after any Renewal Subscription Period (the Initial Subscription Period and any Renewal Subscription Periods are referred to collectively as a “Subscription Period”
or the “Subscription Periods”), your subscription for the Service Offering will automatically commence on the first day following the end of such Subscription Period (each a “Renewal Commencement Date”) and continue for an additional equivalent period, at Company’s then-current price for a Subscription Plan for such Service Offering. You agree that your Account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature unless you cancel your Subscription Plan for the Service Offering at least (a) thirty (30) days prior to the Renewal Commencement Date (or in the event that you receive a notice from Company that your Subscription Plan for a Service Offering will be automatically renewed, you will have thirty days from the date of the Company notice), by logging into and going to the “Change/Cancel Membership”
page of your “Account Settings” page. If you do not wish your Subscription Plan for a Service Offering to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your Subscription Plan for a Service Offering, please contact Company at email@example.com, #865-657-8408 or log in and go to the “Change/Cancel Membership”
page on your “Account Settings” page. If you cancel your Subscription Plan for a Service Offering, you may use the Service Offering until the end of your then-current Subscription Period; your subscription for the Service Offering will not be renewed after your then-current term Subscription Period. However, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current Subscription Period. By subscribing, you authorize Company to charge your Payment Provider now, and again at the beginning of any subsequent Subscription Period. Upon renewal of your Subscription Plan for a Service Offering, if Company does not receive payment from your Payment Provider, (i) you agree to pay all amounts due on your Account upon demand, and/or (ii) you agree that Company may either terminate or suspend your subscription to the Service Offering and continue to attempt to charge your Payment Provider until payment is received (upon receipt of payment, your Account will be activated and for purposes of automatic renewal, your new Subscription Period will begin as of the day payment was received).
- Obligations of Subscriber after Termination. Sections 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 shall survive termination of this Agreement. Termination of any Subscription Plan for a Service Offering shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to such termination or limit any liability which you otherwise may have to Company, including without limitation any indemnification obligations contained herein.
- No Subsequent Registration. If your registration(s) with or ability to access Company Properties is discontinued by Company due to your violation of any portion of this Agreement, then you agree that you shall not attempt to re-register with or access Company Properties through use of a different user name or otherwise, and you acknowledge that you will not be entitled to receive a refund for fees related to those Service Offerings to which your access has been terminated. In the event that you violate the immediately preceding sentence, Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to immediately take any or all of the actions set forth herein without any notice or warning to you.
- International Users. Company Properties can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to Services that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Company intends to announce such Services in your country. Company Properties are controlled and offered by Company from its facilities in the United States of America. Company makes no representations that Company Properties are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use Company Properties from other countries do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
- Dispute Resolution. Please read the following arbitration agreement in this Section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It requires you to arbitrate disputes with Company and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
- Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. You agree that any dispute or claim relating in any way to your access or use of the Company Properties, or to any aspect of your relationship with Company, will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (1) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify, so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis; and (2) you or Company may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents). This Arbitration Agreement shall apply, without limitation, to all claims that arose or were asserted before the Effective Date of this Agreement or any prior version of this Agreement.
IF YOU AGREE TO ARBITRATION WITH COMPANY, YOU ARE AGREEING IN ADVANCE THAT YOU WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN OR SEEK TO RECOVER MONETARY OR OTHER RELIEF IN ANY LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST COMPANY ALLEGING CLASS, COLLECTIVE, AND/OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIMS ON YOUR BEHALF. INSTEAD, BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU MAY BRING YOUR CLAIMS AGAINST THE COMPANY IN AN INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. IF SUCCESSFUL ON SUCH CLAIMS, YOU COULD BE AWARDED MONEY OR OTHER RELIEF BY AN ARBITRATOR. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU MAY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN DECIDING WHETHER TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
- Arbitration Rules and Forum. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent Ben Lilienthal, 582 Market St., #1901, SF, CA 94104, USA. The arbitration will be conducted by JAMS, an established alternative dispute resolution provider. Disputes involving claims and counterclaims under $250,000, not inclusive of attorneys’
fees and interest, shall be subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and procedures available at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/; all other claims shall be subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures, available at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-comprehensive-arbitration/. JAMS’s rules are also available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling JAMS at 800-352-5267. If JAMS is not available to arbitrate, the parties will select an alternative arbitral forum. If the arbitrator finds that you cannot afford to pay JAMS’s filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees and cannot obtain a waiver from JAMS, Company will pay them for you. In addition, Company will reimburse all such JAMS’s filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, Company will not seek attorneys’
fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous.
You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the country where you live or at another mutually agreed location. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitration will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and Company. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and the Agreement (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND COMPANY HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and Company are instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified in Section 17.1 above. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow this Agreement as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. In the event that this subparagraph is deemed invalid or unenforceable neither you nor we are entitled to arbitration and instead claims and disputes shall be resolved in a court as set forth in Section 18.7.
- 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address: ScreenMeet, 582 Market St. #1901, SF, CA 94104, firstname.lastname@example.org, within 30 days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. Your notice must include your name and address, your username (if any), the email address you used to set up your Account (if you have one), and an unequivocal statement that you want to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of this Agreement will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have, or may enter in the future, with us.
- Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Company.
- Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if Company makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, it will not apply to any individual claim(s) that you had already provided notice to Company.
- General Provisions.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Company use electronic means, whether you visit Company Properties or send Company e-mails, or whether Company posts notices on Company Properties or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
- Release. You hereby release Company Parties and their successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from your use of Company Properties, including but not limited to, any interactions with or conduct of other Users or third-party websites of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Terms or your use of Company Properties. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor. The foregoing release does not apply to any claims, demands, or any losses, damages, rights and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death or property damage for any unconscionable commercial practice by a Company Party or for such party’s fraud, deception, false, promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Company Properties.
- Assignment. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
- Force Majeure. Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
- Questions, Complaints, Claims. If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to Company Properties, please contact us at: Projector.is, Inc., 582 Market St., #1901, San Francisco, CA 94104, Attn: Ben Lilienthal, (865) 657-8408. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your concerns have been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
- Exclusive Venue. To the extent the parties are permitted under this Agreement to initiate litigation in a court, both you and Company agree that all claims and disputes arising out of or relating to the Agreement will be litigated exclusively in the state or federal courts located in San Francisco, California.
- Governing Law. THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY ACTION RELATED THERETO WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, CONSISTENT WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY PRINCIPLES THAT PROVIDE FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW OF ANOTHER JURISDICTION. THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- Notice. Where Company requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing Company with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Company is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/ permitted by this Agreement, Company’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to Company at the following address: Projector.is, Inc., 582 Market St., #1901, San Francisco, CA 94104, Attn: Ben Lilienthal, (865) 657-8408. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by Company by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
- Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
- Severability. If any portion of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intention of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Export Control. You may not use, export, import, or transfer Company Properties except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained Company Properties, and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, Company Properties may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries, or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using Company Properties, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting”
country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use Company Properties for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by Company are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer Company products, services or technology, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
- Consumer Complaints. In accordance with California Civil Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
End of AGREEMENT